Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our Growing Family

This year on John's Birthday, Feb 7 Bonnie and I got married. We became one large group trying to live in one very cramped Home. We were all grateful to have one another from the very beginning. Bonnie brings with her four wonderful children of which two are still at home. With my five children, four remaining in the nest, you can see that the Brady Bunch has nothing on us. This past several years has brought our two families together in many similar ways. After having spouses who were, well let us say "Commitment Challenged" we have become so appreciative of the level of dedication we feel coming from the other.

With the most recent legal struggles and the associated devastating outcome we have found a need to fall back and regroup. Both Bonnie and I are so grateful that we both enjoy not only the love but the full devotion of each and every one of our children. For we have found that it is better to have the children Less and be loved than the alternative, to have the children more and be reviled for it. We do count each of our many blessings one by one.

We are grateful to our friends and all of the supporters whom have given us the encouragement to continue to do what is right for our children. We are building strong independent children, each of whom have an intense sense of right and wrong. They will all fight for what is right, no matter what the opposition. Many have been deceived but NOT these children!

3 comments:

The Wendt Family said...

Yay For Blogging! I love you guys...ALL of you!

Katyanne said...

blogging is a treasure hunt to find more people you know that blog and I must say finding yours was one of the biggest treasures thus far. Looks like you're just starting out. You better stay posted because I don't get much living way out here in idaho. I love you steve!!! I don't know you very well bonnie but you sure do make steve and all my little cousins really happy so your an ace in my book.

I would say it was hard to catch up in brady bunch size with us but I do think your pretty darn close.

The Wendt Family said...

Dad.....Where are your blogs!!!???!!! We miss you on blog planet!